Sunday, November 1, 2009

Amazing Adventure

So I try to keep this strictly OBLC related however I had such a fantastic adventure today I must share it.

Let me preface this by saying almost everyone here spends every weekend drinking at the Riverwalk. Not that there is anything wrong with the riverwalk but its nothing spectacular either. So myself and a few others are determined to do as many fun things as possible in San Antonio and the surrounding area.

So today we wanted to go tubing. Most places close tubing on Oct 31st but it was a beautiful day and we found a place that was open year round. It was about an hour away outside of New Braunfels. We got there and decided to grab some lunch first. We found a fantastic place called flapjacks that had the craziest flapjacks that were like an inch thick! They had john wayne ones with grits in them, candy ones etc! And best of all they had real sweet tea. It wasn't the best I have ever had but the best I have had in texas so far.

We got to the tubing place and they told us it was a little too cold to tube so we actually ended up Kayaking down the river. The water was very low so it really wasn't even that cold. It was beautiful and quite relaxing. We saw turtles, and geese, and ducks. And they had a military discount so it was only about $20!! It took us about 2 hours and we had a great conversation with a very nice looking man when we got back. Definitely a morale booster :)

Plus on the way there we drove past a wildlife preserve and saw wildebeest, Zebra and some kind of antelope on the side of the road, it was crazy!! We stopped on the way home and got pictures of the zebra and antelope.
So all in all it was a very successful and wonderful day. Highly recommend it!!!!

I leave for the field tomorrow so I will not have internet access until Friday. I will try my best to take good notes each day so I can give an accurate and detailed update when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment