Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I don't know what I want to be when I grow up!

Nurse Track started yesterday with a full day of more powerpoints. and more powerpoints. and more powerpoints. Really I'm not too sure what I learned yesterday, obsviously nothing too earth shattering. We also had PT yesterday, today and will have it again tomorrow. I led PT yesterday which I think went well. Most people said I did a good job anyways. We did a 20 minute run and then some calisthenics. Its been rather chilly here too and really windy! And the lecture hall we use doesn't have working heat=freezing!!

Today speakers from each of the specialties. We heard from nurse anesthesia, community health, psych, med/surg, nurse practioner, ER/Critical Care, perioperative and L/D. The crazy part was the labor and delivery nurses was a group of 5 officers that came from Ft. Hood and one of them was Captain Danelle (sp?) who is the former Ann Robles of ODU! crazy, huh?

So I don't know what I want to be when I grow up but starting out in med/surg really doesn't seem too bad.

Oh and they did say today that in the next couple of classes they are going to have the direct commissionees come two weeks early to learn all of the basics of the army which i think should help a lot.

We have a couple more powerpoints tomorrow morning and then start the TNCC course in the afternoon. Hopefully its not too hard considering I haven't quite finished the coursebook yet. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment